Jilin Engineer Normal University
Application Instructions for 2020 International Students(Chinese language Program)
1. Project Overview
This program aims to develop the Chinese language skills of foreign students. Through various and colorful classroom activities and extracurricular cultural experience activities which strengthens the training of listening, speaking, reading and writing skills, it improves the practical communication skills of the students in daily life.
2. Main courses and programs features:
√ Entry level: The course includes Chinese reading, Chinese speaking, and Chinese listening. Suitable for beginners whose native language is non-Chinese. The learning goal is to reach the HSK level 2 in Chinese comprehensive ability.
√ Elementary: The course includes elementary Chinese intensive reading, elementary Chinese speaking, elementary Chinese listening and Chinese culture. It is suitable for learners whose native language is non-Chinese. It is required that the learners have already mastered about 300 commonly used vocabulary or have learned Chinese for at least half a year. The learning goal is to reach the HSK level 3 comprehensive Chinese ability.
√ Intermediate: The course includes Intermediate Chinese Reading and Writing, Intermediate Chinese Speaking, and Intermediate Chinese Listening. It is suitable for learners whose mother tongue is non-Chinese. It is required that learners have already mastered about 600 commonly used vocabulary or have learned Chinese for at least one year. The learning goal is to reach the HSK level 4 in Chinese comprehensive ability.
√ Mixed class teaching of students from various countries is conducive to multicultural exchanges.
√ Classes are taught in small classes, with about 20 students in each class. Every student gets more attention from teacher and get more chances to practice.
√ A placement test is set at the beginning of the semester to facilitate students to choose a suitable start point for learning.
√ Provide study visa.
3.Cultural experience courses and language practice activities:
√ Each semester we organize a series of Chinese cultural experience courses: calligraphy, Chinese painting, tea culture and traditional Chinese festival activities experience, etc.
√ For each semester, international students will be organized to visit the cultural sights in Changchun City or the surrounding historical and cultural cities.
√ Various literary and art activities are organized in every semester: Chinese speech competition, Chinese singing competition, etc.
independent class, full-time teaching.
Classes from Monday to Friday, 20 class hours per week. (1 class hour = 45 minutes)
√ Spring semester: 3.1---6.30 in 2020 (the specific time is subject to "Admission Letter" and "Registration Information")
√ Autumn semester: 9.1---12.31 in 2020 (the specific time is subject to "Admission Letter" and "Registration Information")
The final assessment will take the form of written examination. The composition of the examination results of each subject is the same, all of which are 50% of the usual score, 10% of the usual performance, and 40% of the final score.
7.Completion and Certificate
Those who complete the required courses and pass the examination with required grades will be awarded a certificate of completion.
Applicants must abide by the relevant laws and regulations of the People's Republic of China and the relevant rules and regulations of Jilin Engineering Normal University;
1) Applicants should be between the age of 18-30 years old;
2) Applicants should have at least a high school degree or equivalent;
3) Applicants should be physically and mentally healthy;
4) Applicants are not required to have basic Chinese or Chinese learning experience, but they are required to be able to speak proficiently in English (IELTS score of 5.5 or higher and TOEFL score of 72 or higher are preferred).
9. Application information
To apply for the Chinese language program of Jilin Engineering Normal University, a formal application must be submitted and completed by sending an email. All document materials should be in color, except for originals in black and white. The documents to be submitted are as follows:
1) Copy of the first page of the passport (validity period is at least 6 months)
2) Copy of the highest academic certificate and transcript
3) Applicants applying for a study visa with a duration of more than six months must submit a valid medical examination form, either original or photocopy. Click to download the physical examination form:
4) Birth certificate
5) Police clearance certificate
10. Application process
1) Applicants download and fill out the application form on the official website of Jilin Engineering Normal University http://www.jlenu.edu.cn/ and scan it.
2) The applicant submits the above 5 required application materials and admission application form (scanned copy) and sends it to email@example.com;
3) Jilin Engineering Normal University reviews the application;
4) Jilin Normal College of Engineering and Technology responded by accepting or rejecting the application or requesting the applicant to supplement relevant materials;
5) Jilin Engineering Normal University issues the admission notice and JW202 visa application form and sends it to the address provided by the applicant when filling out the application form;
6) Applicants bring admission letter, passport, JW202 visa application form to the embassy, consulate or visa center to apply for a study visa;
7) After the issuance of the study visa, applicants must purchase their own tickets and register at the school according to the dates required for admission (the school provides the first pick-up service).
Note: Please be sure to check your email and spam mailbox regularly in case we ask you to supplement and correct your application information/materials/documents. If we fail to receive the materials/documents requested from you, your application may be rejected.
11. application time:
Enrollment in the fall semester: applications are accepted from March 1 every year, and will be closed by the end of June;
Enrollment in the spring semester: applications are accepted from October 15 every year, and the deadline is early January.
12. Tuition and other fees
The tuition fees are as follows, and are charged for necessity. Each academic year is divided into two semesters.
Charge type Amount (RMB)
Tuition fee (per year) ¥5000
Accommodation fee (per year) ¥4000
Accommodation deposit ¥600
Application fee ¥200
Insurance fee (per year) ¥800
*The apartment is equipped with a common kitchen and a common laundry room; the room is equipped with air conditioner, Internet interface, and bathroom; the accommodation fee may vary depending on the room type.
Address: Room 501, First Experimental Building, No. 3050 Kaixuan Road, Changchun City, International Education College Admissions Office
Mobile: +86 15590542105 (Mr. Hao)